I’m beyond excited to have been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award, especially after just having started SuitcaseEnvy at the end of 2016. A huge THANK YOU to RoundTrip for kindly nominating me! I’m especially humbled since her blog is quite impressive. She writes about all things travel: tips for a variety of destinations, personal growth via travel, what to wear on the go, and a variety of pinterest-worthy travel related craft projects.
About the Award
The Versatile Blogger Award is given from one blogger to another, with special consideration given to the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the topics covered, the level of love conveyed by the author, and the quality of the photography and design.
To accept, I’ve been tasked with putting together a blog post including the following:
- A “thank you” to the blogger who nominated me, including a link to that blog
- Seven facts about myself
- The rules of nominating and accepting, as well as the Versatile Blogger Award logo
- Nominations of up to 10 other bloggers to receive the award
Seven Facts About Me
1. I’ve lived in a total of eight U.S. states: Kansas, Missouri, Oregon, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I claim Oregon as where I’m originally from, not because it’s the hippest but because I spent most of my life there, including my formative years. My favorite place I’ve lived is Austin, TX, which probably isn’t surprising. I’m now settled in Madison, WI and am done moving. I just travel instead.
2. I have my Ph.D., which accounts for some of my moving around. I’ll let you guess what my degree is in.
3. I have a cat, Dr. Fluffington, who I love dearly but has more behavioral problems than any other cat I’ve come across. Her least favorite thing is when I’m blogging because I’m looking at a screen instead of at her. Good thing she’s adorable.
4. I readily admit to watching a ton of reality TV and loving every moment of it. Survivor has always been my favorite, but I also love some Amazing Race, Big Brother, and The Bachelor/ette.
5. I’m vegan. My favorite joke is, “How do you know if someone’s vegan?” “Just wait, they’ll tell you about it.” Because of this, I’ll mention it but will refrain from going on and on.
6. I can’t swim. I’ve tried and I swear I just sink. After lessons, I’m now able to effectively blow bubbles under water and generally not freak out, as long as I’m only in 4 feet of water or less.
7. When I can’t travel far, I travel local. I’m lucky to have a good amount of vacation time each year, but like most people with a 9-5 and a budget, there’s only so much time I can spend abroad or on the road. Fortunately, there are a number of local adventures I can partake in. Some of my recent favorites include riding the Scorpion’s Tail at Noah’s Ark (Wisconsin Dells), going to an escape room for the first time at Escape This! (Madison, WI) and visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe (La Crosse, WI).
Enough about me! Here are several bloggers who I’m thrilled to nominate: